Lace is not just Lace!
The Cavalcade of History and Fashion has an extensive collection of lace gowns and accessories.
In this presentation you can:-
- Marvel at the variety of ways lace has been used to enhance both clothing and other treasured item.
- Gaze in wonder at an handmade maltese lace crinoline skirt of c1850
- Wonder at a handmade Chantilly lace fan of c1870
- Hear the stories of how some laces were made.
- Discover how various tools were used to make lace e.g. bobbins, crochet hooks, tambour hooks, tatting shuttles, commercial lace tapes or just a plain sewing needle.